ZFW ARTCC Forum

State of ZFW

State of ZFW
« on: January 25, 2019, 07:26:20 PM »
As many of you know, Cameron resigned from his position as ATM in November. VATUSA offered me the position Tuesday, and I gladly accepted. I am very excited to work with you in this new role. Over the past 11 months as DATM, I have been very frustrated by the lack of consistency in the level of service across the ARTCC. For this reason, I began working on reformatting and updating our SOPs and LOAs. Completing this will allow us to provide a more professional service to pilots, as well as increase the consistency from one controller to another. I will be updating these on the website as they are finalized.

One final staff change occurred Tuesday. Josh Hooker tendered his resignation as the Webmaster of ZFW. He has indicated that would like to focus more on work and school. Josh put a lot of time and effort in implementing our current website, and I am very thankful for this. Unfortunately, this puts us in a greater need for senior staff. The TA position is already open for applications and I hope to fill this as soon as possible. Afterwards, we will look to fill other staff positions. If you express interest in a position, or know someone that would be a good fit, please let me know.

I thank you for volunteering you time to make ZFW a great place to be.

Mark Jeffreys
Air Traffic Manager
ZFW Virtual ARTCC
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 08:15:58 PM by Mark Jeffreys »